Terminator Genisys (2015)
😎 Director: Alan Taylor | 🎯 Sci-Fi, Adventure, Action | 🥇 IMDB Rating: 6.3/10
Terminator Genisys is a 2015 American science fiction action film directed by Alan Taylor and written by Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier. Produced by Skydance Productions and distributed by Paramount Pictures, the film is a reboot of the Terminator franchise, taking the premise of the original film in another direction and ignoring the events depicted in sequels and TV series.
You may watch Terminator Genisys on Netflix Australia. The movie is not available on Netflix if you are outside Australia. Therefore, you must unblock Netflix Australia in your nation.
Thus you can watch thousands of additional movies and shows by changing your Netflix country. Don’t miss out!
In A Hurry? Follow Quick Guide to Watch Terminator Genisys on Netflix From Anywhere
- Select a VPN service that is optimized for streaming. We recommend ExpressVPN
- Download the VPN and connect to Australia.
- Log in to Netflix.
- Find Terminator Genisys and Stream it no matter where you are!
Is Terminator Genisys Available on Netflix?
Yes, Terminator Genisys is available to stream on Netflix in certain countries. Aside from Australia, the movie is available also in the following countries.
- South Africa
- South Korea
Why is Terminator Genisys not available in my region on Netflix?
Streaming platforms acquire the rights to show movies and TV shows for specific regions through licensing agreements. These agreements may expire or not cover all regions, leading to variations in availability.
Certain movies or shows may be exclusive to other streaming platforms in your region, making them unavailable on Netflix.
What is Terminator Genisys based on?
“Terminator Genisys” is based on the characters and concepts created by James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd in the original “Terminator” film, released in 1984.
The movie franchise revolves around the science fiction concept of time travel and the battle between humanity and artificial intelligence, particularly the malevolent AI system called Skynet.
The original “Terminator” film introduced the concept of a futuristic AI system known as Skynet becoming self-aware and initiating a nuclear apocalypse, followed by a war between humans and machines. Skynet sends back a cyborg assassin, a Terminator, to the past to eliminate Sarah Connor, the mother of the future human resistance leader John Connor.
In response, the human resistance sends back a soldier named Kyle Reese to protect Sarah.
“Terminator Genisys” takes these core concepts and characters but introduces a new twist by altering the timeline.
It reimagines the events of the original film and diverges into an alternate timeline, leading to changes in the characters’ relationships and roles.
The movie introduces alternate versions of characters and explores the consequences of these changes on the overall Terminator mythology.
While “Terminator Genisys” pays homage to the original film, it also incorporates elements of time travel, artificial intelligence, and the struggle for survival that have been central to the entire Terminator franchise.
It attempts to create a fresh take on the established lore while incorporating new story elements and twists.
Terminator Genisys release date
Terminator Genisys was released in theaters in the United States on July 1, 2015. It was released in other countries on different dates, starting on June 21, 2015, in Germany.
Watch Terminator Genisys Trailer
“Terminator Genisys” by searching for it on popular video-sharing platforms like YouTube or by visiting the official movie website. Just search for “Terminator Genisys trailer” and you should be able to watch the trailer to get a preview of the movie’s content and style.
Terminator Genisys Cast
“Terminator Genisys” features a cast of notable actors in key roles. Here are some of the main cast members:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger as Guardian / T-800: A reprogrammed Terminator who has been protecting Sarah Connor since her childhood.
- Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor: A skilled fighter who was raised by the Guardian to become a leader of the human resistance against Skynet.
- Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese: A soldier sent back in time to protect Sarah Connor and ensure the survival of John Connor.
- Jason Clarke as John Connor: The leader of the human resistance against Skynet, who is transformed into a hybrid human-machine villain in this installment.
- J.K. Simmons as Detective O’Brien: A police detective who becomes involved in the events surrounding the time-travel conflict.
- Dayo Okeniyi as Danny Dyson: The son of the scientist Miles Dyson, a key figure in the development of Skynet.
- Matt Smith as Alex / Skynet: A mysterious character with ties to Skynet’s plans and a significant role in the alternate timeline.
- Courtney B. Vance as Miles Dyson: A scientist crucial to the creation of Skynet’s technology.
- Lee Byung-hun as T-1000: An advanced liquid metal Terminator sent to eliminate Sarah Connor.
- Michael Gladis as Lt. Matias: A member of the human resistance.
These are some of the primary cast members in “Terminator Genisys,” each playing a significant role in the movie’s storyline.
What is the duration of the Terminator Genisys?
The runtime of “Terminator Genisys” is approximately 126 minutes, which is equivalent to 2 hours and 6 minutes.
What is Terminator Genisys on IMDB?
“Terminator Genisys” has an IMDb rating of 6.3/10 based on user reviews.
“Terminator Genisys” is a science fiction action film that serves as both a sequel and a reboot of the Terminator film franchise. It follows the characters of Sarah Connor, Kyle Reese, and an aging Terminator as they battle against an altered timeline and a new threat posed by Skynet.
“Terminator Genisys” can be considered both a sequel and a reboot. It continues the story of the original Terminator films while introducing an alternate timeline that reimagines key events from the franchise.
“Terminator Genisys” is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and gunplay throughout, partial nudity, and brief strong language. Parents may want to review the movie’s content and rating before allowing children to watch it.