😎 Director: Jeff Davis | 🎯 Genre: Drama, Crime, Mystery | 🥇 IMDB Rating: 8.1/10
Criminal Minds is an American police procedural crime drama television series created and produced by Jeff Davis. The series premiered on CBS on September 22, 2005, and originally concluded on February 19, 2020; it was revived in 2022.
It follows a group of criminal profilers who work for the FBI as members of its Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU), using behavioral analysis and profiling to investigate crimes and find the unsub (unknown subject), the team’s term for perpetrators.
The show tells the story of the team as they work on various cases and tackle their personal struggles.
Criminal Minds is available on Netflix USA. If you are not from the US, you will not find the movie on Netflix. So you need to unblock Netflix US in your country.
Thus you can watch thousands of additional movies and shows by changing your Netflix country. Don’t miss out!
In A Hurry? Follow Quick Guide to Watch Criminal Minds on Netflix From Anywhere
- Select a VPN service that is optimized for streaming. We recommend ExpressVPN
- Download the VPN and connect to the US.
- Log in to Netflix.
- Find Criminal Minds and stream it no matter where you are!
Is Criminal Minds Available on Netflix?
Yes, Criminal Minds is available to stream on Netflix in certain countries. Aside from the US, the movie is available also in the following countries.
Why is Criminal Minds not available in my region on Netflix?
Netflix doesn’t have the right to stream Criminal Minds in all countries. The rights to stream a TV show or movie are typically owned by a studio or distributor, and Netflix has to negotiate with them to get the rights to stream the content in a particular country.
If Netflix can’t reach an agreement with the rights holder, then the show won’t be available on Netflix in that country. Netflix doesn’t have the right to stream Criminal Minds in all countries.
The rights to stream a TV show or movie are typically owned by a studio or distributor, and Netflix has to negotiate with them to get the rights to stream the content in a particular country. If Netflix can’t reach an agreement with the rights holder, then the show won’t be available on Netflix in that country.
Criminal Minds is no longer being produced, so it’s possible that Netflix has simply decided to remove it from its library in some countries. This is because Netflix is constantly updating its content library, and it may decide to remove shows that aren’t as popular or that aren’t generating as much revenue.
What is Criminal Minds based on?
“Criminal Minds” is a fictional television series, and while it draws inspiration from real-life criminal profiling and behavioral analysis practices, it is not directly based on any particular case or individual. The show’s creators and writers have taken artistic liberties to develop original storylines and characters.
The concept of the show, which follows an elite team of FBI profilers solving complex criminal cases, is inspired by the work of real-life FBI profilers and the Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU).
The BAU is a real division within the FBI that applies psychological and behavioral analysis to assist in the investigation of violent crimes, particularly those involving serial killers and other dangerous offenders.
During the show’s development, the creators likely drew insights from books, articles, interviews, and public information about criminal profiling and the FBI’s work in understanding criminal behavior.
However, it’s important to emphasize that “Criminal Minds” is primarily a work of fiction and entertainment, and any direct similarities to real-life cases or individuals are purely coincidental.
The series successfully blends elements of crime drama, thriller, and police procedural genres, providing viewers with captivating storytelling and an inside look at the fictionalized world of criminal profiling.
Criminal Minds release date
“Criminal Minds” premiered on September 22, 2005 in the United States. The show’s first episode aired on that date, marking the beginning of its successful 15-season run, which concluded with its final episode on February 19, 2020.
Watch the Criminal Minds Trailer
“Criminal Minds trailer,” and you should be able to find various trailers and promotional videos related to the show.
Criminal Minds Cast
“Criminal Minds” had an ensemble cast over its 15-season run, with several main and recurring characters throughout the series. Here are some of the key cast members from the show:
- Thomas Gibson as Aaron Hotchner (Seasons 1-12): The BAU’s unit chief and leader, known for his stoic and dedicated demeanor.
- Matthew Gray Gubler as Dr. Spencer Reid: A genius with an eidetic memory and exceptional analytical skills.
- Kirsten Vangsness as Penelope Garcia: The team’s technical analyst and computer wizard, known for her quirky and colorful personality.
- A.J. Cook as Jennifer “JJ” Jareau: The team’s liaison with the media and a profiler.
- Shemar Moore as Derek Morgan (Seasons 1-11): A skilled and physically capable profiler with a close bond to the team.
- Joe Mantegna as David Rossi (Seasons 3-15): A seasoned profiler and best-selling author who rejoins the BAU after his retirement.
- Paget Brewster as Emily Prentiss (Seasons 2-7, 9-15): A former Interpol agent who becomes an important member of the BAU.
- Aisha Tyler as Dr. Tara Lewis (Seasons 11-15): A forensic psychologist who joins the BAU later in the series.
- Adam Rodriguez as Luke Alvez (Seasons 12-15): An experienced FBI agent and former Fugitive Task Force member who joins the BAU.
- Jeanne Tripplehorn as Alex Blake (Seasons 8-9): A linguistics expert and professor who joins the BAU.
- Lola Glaudini as Elle Greenaway (Seasons 1-2): An FBI agent and profiler who leaves the BAU after a traumatic experience.
- Mandy Patinkin as Jason Gideon (Seasons 1-3): The BAU’s original senior profiler and a skilled investigator.
Please note that some cast members joined or left the series at different points during its run, and additional recurring and guest stars appeared in various episodes throughout the show’s 15 seasons. The cast evolved over time, but the core team and their camaraderie remained central to the series’ appeal.
What is the duration of Criminal Minds?
The average duration of an episode of Criminal Minds is 42 minutes.
What is Criminal Minds on IMDB?
Criminal Minds has an overall rating of 8.1 out of 10 on IMDb, based on over 300,000 user ratings.
There are 16 seasons of Criminal Minds. The show originally aired on CBS from 2005 to 2020. It was revived in 2022 for a 16th season.
Criminal Minds is a police procedural drama that follows a team of FBI profilers who use behavioral analysis to investigate crimes and find the unsub (unknown subject). The show is known for its suspenseful storylines, its strong cast of characters, and its realistic portrayal of criminal profiling.
Criminal Minds is no longer on the air, but it was revived in 2022 for a 16th season. The 16th season premiered on November 24, 2022 on Paramount+ in the U.S. and on Disney+ in other regions on November 25, 2022.